Terms and Conditions
1) Willington Hall Cottage is hired on the express understanding that the cottage is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the hirer or anyone in the hirer’s party.
2) All reservations are contractually binding once confirmed in writing. Please ensure we receive a deposit of 30% of the full booking price within one week of the reservation or we may be obliged to release the dates. You will be sent formal confirmation of the dates booked, the booking deposit paid and the balance owing. All booking deposits are non-refundable.
3) The balance of the hire must be paid 6 weeks before arrival, otherwise we reserve the right to treat the
reservation as cancelled and re-advertise availability on our website. For bookings within 6 weeks of the holiday start date, the full cost of the holiday is required upon
4) Cancellations and alterations policy:
By making your booking, our agreement is a legal contract and your deposit is non-refundable.
i) In the event of a cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to arrival (i.e following payment of the
deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the cottage will be re-advertised as available. If the cottage is re-let, the deposit will be refunded in full less a £30 administration charge. If
we are unable to re-let the deposit is non-refundable.
ii) In the event of a cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to arrival (i.e following payment of the balance), the cottage will be re-advertised as available, which may need to include late availability discounts. If the cottage is re-let, the balance will be refunded less the discounts of the re-let and a £30 administration charge. If the accommodation is re-let at the original advertised price, the balance will be paid in full less a £30 administration charge. If you cannot take your holiday and the booking cannot be re-let, you are still liable to pay for the booking in full.
iii) In the event of a request for change of dates more than 6 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment
of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the booking will be transferred to the new date and/or cottage (subject to availability) and the deposit will be transferred in full, with no
iv) In the event of a request for change of dates less than 6 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance), the policy in point 4 (ii) above applies.
v) All refunds will be reimbursed immediately after the departure date of the original reservation.
vi) If a holiday is cut short, for whatever reason, the hirer remains liable for the full balance already paid.
Holiday insurance is easy and prices are competitive - for more information check to see policies run by your home and car insurers. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance to cover you in the event of cancelling your holiday.
The Owners reserve the right to alter the booking arrangements in the event of unforeseen circumstances. We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would however attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
6) The number of persons using Willington Hall Cottage is not to exceed 4 adults/children and 1 infant using
a cot. No inflatable beds in the cottage or camping in the grounds of the cottage is allowed.
7) Check-in/Check-out times - Check-in is from 3.00pm on the day of arrival and check-out is 10.00am on day of departure.
8) Care of the Cottage. We undertake to make the cottages available to the hirer in a clean and tidy state and to maintain services and facilities in a proper workable condition.
i) It is the hirer’s responsibility to read and understand the contents of the cottage guide on arrival and to pay specific attention to those instructions for lighting and managing the open fire. It is the hirer’s responsibility to share those instructions with other members of their party.
ii) If there is a fault or a problem occurs we will make best efforts to keep any delay or inconvenience to an absolute minimum while we rectify.
iii) The hirer and their party undertakes to take good care of the cottage along with its contents and facilities.
iv) The hirer undertakes to inform the owner immediately of any articles that have been damaged, lost or broken during their stay, and to reimburse for the cost of such articles. The owners will contact the hirer within one week of departure regarding request for payment for any breakages and damage to the cottage and the effects of damage to the property and its contents. The hirer is responsible for the care and insurance of their own personal effects.
v) The hirer and their party will ensure that the cottage is vacated on time and the cottage is left in a truly clean and tidy state.
9) The owner is allowed access at any reasonable time during your stay.
10) The owners reserve the right not to accept a booking or to refuse entry if any of the booking conditions are not met.
11) Sorry no pets are allowed. The cottage is strictly no smoking.
12) Complaints. Our policy is to deal with complaints as soon as they arise, both promptly and in a positive manner. Should something go wrong, or you wish to give feedback or raise a complaint, please contact us immediately since it is often difficult to investigate or deal with complaints once you have returned home.
13) The use of holiday accommodation & any facilities is entirely at the risk of the hirer and their party. No liability is accepted for loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, any car & its contents or any possessions of the party. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that their party are fully aware of all booking conditions & have appropriate holiday insurance in place.
14) A highchair and travel cot (please provide your own cot linen) can be provided at no extra charge, subject to availability. Please contact the cottage owners prior to booking to ensure your requirements can be provided.
The guests undertake to take all reasonable and proper care of the property including all its contents and surrounds and to leave the property in the same state of repair, condition and tidiness as at the beginning of the stay. The property is checked and cleaned before arrival. The Customer must notify the cottage owners immediately of any breakages or damages. The Customer may at the owners discretion be required to reimburse the Owner for replacement, repair or any extra cleaning costs. We request that guests refrain from tampering with electrical equipment, if any item is found not to be working correctly, guests should refrain from using it and inform the owners immediately.
16) Guest obligations
Guests shall keep the accommodation, all furniture and fittings in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the stay. Guests shall leave the property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Guests are responsible for the insurance of their own personal property whilst staying at Willington Hall Cottage – Please ensure that you are adequately covered, especially for valuables.
Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the website and in the brochure occupy the property. The person making the booking shall identify every member of their party on the Booking Form. The owners reserve the right to require additional persons to leave. Additional guests or relatives visiting the cottage by day are also to be notified to the owners. These measures are in place to ensure all members of your party are accounted for in the event of an emergency situation.
The owners do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions. Nor do we accept any liability for any act, neglect or default on their part or any person not within their employ, or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property, which the guests or any persons may suffer or incur that arise out of the letting, or is in any way connected with the letting.